The rules of the peer-review
An unilateral (bilateral) anonymous («blind») peer review method is mandatory for processing of all scientific manuscripts submitted to the editorial stuff of «M.I.R. (Modernization. Innovation. Research)». This implies that neither the reviewer is aware of the authorship of the manuscript, nor the author maintains any contact with the reviewer.
1. Members of the editorial board and leading Russian and international experts in corresponding areas of life sciences, invited as independent readers, perform peer reviews. Editorinchief, deputy editorinchief or science editor choose readers for peer review. We aim to limit the review process to 24 weeks, though in some cases the schedule may be adjusted at the reviewer’s request.
2. Reviewer has an option to abnegate the assessment should any conflict of interests arise that may affect perception or interpretation of the manuscript. Upon the scrutiny, the reviewer is expected to present the editorial board with one of the following recommendations:
3. If the reviewer has recommended any refinements, the editorial staff would suggest the author either to implement the corrections, or to dispute them reasonably. Authors are kindly required to limit their revision to 2 months and resubmit the adapted manuscript within this period for final evaluation.
4. We politely request that the editor to be notified verbally or in writing should the author decide to refuse from publishing the manuscript. In case the author fails to do so within 3 months since receiving a copy of the initial review, the editorial board takes the manuscript off the register and notifies the author accordingly.
5. If author and reviewers meet insoluble contradictions regarding revision of the manuscript, the editorinchief resolves the conflict by his own authority.
6. The editorial board reaches final decision to reject a manuscript on the hearing according to reviewers’ recommendations, and duly notifies the authors of their decision via email. The board does not accept previously rejected manuscripts for reevaluation.
7. Upon the decision to accept the manuscript for publishing, the editorial staff notifies the authors of the scheduled date of publication.
8. Kindly note that positive review does not guarantee the acceptance, as final decision in all cases lies with the editorial board. By his authority, editorinchief rules final solution of every conflict.
9. Original reviews of submitted manuscripts remain deposited for 5 years.
10. The editorial staff send copies of reviews in the Ministry of Education and Science for admission to the editor of the corresponding request.
Manuscript of a review, if necessary, will be sent to Supreme Attestation Commission of Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.